Saturday 30 June 2012

Breastfeeding Bloggers Share Their Stories


Here two mummy bloggers kindly share a couple of their breastfeeding experiences.

Diary of  first mum talks about her breastfeeding Journey here
“I planned to breastfeed way before I was even pregnant. I knew that was what I wanted to do so when I fell pregnant I did a ton of research, read every book, blog, forum and magazine I could lay my hands on. I went to breastfeeding support groups, asked a trillion questions at antenatal classes and went to each midwife appointment armed with a notepad full of questions, all before I even had a baby to breastfeed. I was completely determined to succeed with it and saw no reason why I wouldn't be able to….

A post about why this blogger choose to use a feeding cover in public
New mums are often worried about breastfeeding in public for the first time.  Thankfully it is rare for anyone to ask you to cover up, move somewhere else or make any other disapproving comments.   As someone who has lived on the cusp of London for most of my life this doesn’t surprise me:  in London people rarely pay attention to those around them, let alone speak to them. Even if they are doing something incredibly annoying like playing their music far too loud on a tube carriage rammed full of commuters we stay quiet.  So why would anyone worry about breastfeeding?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments, thoughts and feedback. So please share.