Friday 4 February 2011

Love yourself - day 4 - Amazing body?

Not sure what our Love Yourself campaign is about? Read the posts from the last three days to catch up. We're celebrating Valentine's Day with mums and mums-to-be by giving 14 reasons why you should love yourself, particularly for those whose confidence has taken a knock.

Day 4 - My amazing body
'I have an amazing body!' It's probably not something you're going to hear many pregnant woman or new mums say. An 'amazing body' normally means a celebrity showing off their bikini-clad curves on a beach in the Med. But every single woman who has given birth has an amazing body.  Just think about what it has done...

It's managed to grow another human being inside it and then (and this is the really clever bit) it knows when that baby needs to come out and your body just gets on with it. Then once that's all over, it returns to normal. Well normal-ish. Sure there may be some wear and tear. But it's worth it for the experience you get from it. A sports car might look better having never been driven, what's the point if you can't get the thrill of the drive?

So when you catch yourself saying 'Urgh, I hate my body' or 'I wish I had a better body' or 'When will my body return to normal?', stop yourself and say instead: 'Well done body. You did good.'

To congratulate your body on being so very clever, you might like give it a few delicious Valentine's chocolates - you deserve them! So be sure to like us on Facebook or leave us a comment below to be entered into our draw to win this Valentine's selection box. To find out how Emma-Jane can support your body throughout your pregnancy and nursing days, visit our website.

3 comments:

  1. I love this concept. I do have an amazing body and it's growing my baby in it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a day for me to start reading, I'm obsessed with chocolate at the minute - not good!

    On a different note, I love this idea. I'm a new mummy (second time around) and although I'm pleased I've lost my weight pretty well I'm left with saggy skin and a bit of a tummy. Hubby calls them my "mummy ripples" which I suppose is better than saggy skin!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAnga_Rue - congrats on your pregnancy. Best of luck. Keep coming back as we will be posting about birth, the early days and life after baby too

    Masked mummy - we will be doing a post on prune-like bellies and ripples soon. Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete

We love getting your comments, thoughts and feedback. So please share.