Tuesday 29 March 2011

Breastfeeding makes life easier - inspiring stories from real mums


All too often we hear stories about how difficult breastfeeding can be. And we know that it's not always straightforward. But we asked mums on BabyCentre if any of them had positive breastfeeding stories. Over the next few days, we're going to share some of their stories to inspire any other mums out there who might be feeling anxious about breastfeeding.

The two mums sharing stories today both found that breastfeeding makes live easier - and how expressing helps. 

~~~
My daughter is 9 and a half weeks and I'm loving breastfeeding. I did find the first week tough, but so glad I kept going and my daughter has gained so much weight, sleeps really well and is very happy! I can't imagine how much of a faff it would be  to make up warm bottles for every feed! I do express from time to time so my husband can give a bottle and I can have a break, but that's all gone really well too, and she took to the bottles straight away. -- from Julia 

I am 28 years old and have 2 adorable girls. The first is 6 years old and I breastfed her until she was almost 3 years old which is not the norm here in Glasgow. I returned to work when Keia was 6 months and I expressed twice each day for her to have the next day and I continued to feed her from the breast the rest of the time.  When I found out I was expecting number 2 I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to breastfeed again and feel that closeness with my baby, Anna-Grace is now 5 weeks old and the breastfeeding is going well. Breastfeeding fits in perfectly with our life and getting out and about with the family. It's easy - all I need is a few nappies and we are good to go.  I have had such a positive experience of breastfeeding and the bond it has created between us. I feel that we are so close that I often say "our hearts beat in time with each other"  I wonder if it would have been like this if I had formula fed. -- Denise Forbes
If you have a positive breastfeeding story, please share it in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments, thoughts and feedback. So please share.